Pre Tournament briefing
Please find attached (links below) a short briefing together with more detailed documents to assist you in attending the Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Harlequins Junior Rugby Tournament 2017
Fair play: Finally, please can we remind you that despite the views of many, we are not playing for the world cup, and the world does not end as a result of a (volunteer) referee’s decision. Please can you remind all of your coaches, parents and players of the need to respect opponents, coaches, referees and tournament officials, whilst also enjoying themselves and competing to the best of their ability.
Please remember to bring:
- Water bottles for every player to fill up (water is provided for players only)
- Registration forms for each team. (Please note there is no advance registration, only on playing days.)
- A signed consent for for each player – no form, no play.
- Rugby balls and equipment to practice with – Abu Dhabi Harlequins will only provide match balls.
- Water will be provided in 5 gallon drums, one per club per age group initially. Please only ask for more once your drum is empty, bringing the empty back to the marshall tent when requesting a new one
- Clubs are to provide referees for all competitions not officiated by UAERF. It is a condition of entry to the tournament that clubs provide a competent referee where indicated on the schedule. If for any reason your club / age group cannot provide a referee for any match, it is your club’s responsibility to find an alternative, not the Abu Dhabi Harlequins volunteers.
Practicalities and key issues
Registration forms and player consent forms
Playing schedules and league formats
Unfortunately during the process of finalising the draw, one or two teams have dropped out and others may be in the process of doing so. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure balanced competitions, no further changes will be published until the day of the competition. Please rest assured all matters will be resolved prior to play.
Junior Tournament Director
Abu Dhabi Harlequins
+971 52 989 4249